Friday, July 10, 2015

Great Basin National Park!

I have a bucket list and part of it includes attempting to get to all the US National Parks. I love the wild, beautiful places of the world and it would be wonderful to get to them all. They are such important pieces of our nation and just amazingly beautiful. Plus, I have wanted to visit more since watching the Parks And Rec. last season and wishing I had Leslie Knopes job. haha.

The boy and I decided that we would pack up and take a road trip to our state's Great Basin National Park since we both were excited to see it! Of course it was better than we expected. Here are some wonderful pictures from the park. I'll try to let the pictures speak for themselves...



Bristlecone Pines are some of the oldest living organisms on earth. They grow in some of the harshest environments in the US. This one is at around 10,000ft. in elevation and just below a glacier. 



One of the southernmost glaciers in the US is in Great Basin but since we've been in such a drought, there isn't much left. 



 Wheeler Peak is the second highest peak in Nevada. 

Great Basin also has one of the darkest skies in the country. It is far away from most major cities so there is hardly any light pollution.





It was a wonderful trip (besides the flash flood warning) and I would love to go back again someday, I would highly recommend this park to anyone who wants to visit magical places with such rich wildlife and history. There are also caves inside the park, which I will post about next time. I just have far too many pictures for one post. 

No comments:

LinkWithin